The decision to cover your Toronto home’s exterior with siding is an important one, and it comes with several advantages. The most common siding materials in Toronto siding company include Vinyl siding, Wood siding, and Aluminum siding. Others are brick, wood-fiber, stone, and fiber-cement.
Benefits of siding
- Aesthetic appeal. Beautifully done siding can hugely transform the appearance of your home’s exterior. The clean-cut lines and a beautiful choice of color can be matched with complementary accessories and a beautiful landscape to give your home a state of the art look.
- Energy efficiency. Installing insulated siding on your home’s exterior is a very effective way of improving energy efficiency and thus reducing your energy bills. This is because the siding creates a barrier between your house and weather elements. Your house, therefore, remains warm on cold days, which are the most common in Toronto.
- Lower maintenance. Siding is easy to manage, and the maintenance cost is low, especially when you use fiber-cement or vinyl. This gives you time to spend on more important things rather than paying too much attention to your home’s exterior.
- Improved home value. When renovating your home for resale, new siding can significantly increase the value of your home as it gives it a curb appeal.
- Reduced cost of painting. Toronto experiences harsh weather conditions and therefore needs occasional home exterior repainting. Vinyl siding does not require painting, and a material like fiber-cement can hold its paint much longer. Consequently, you won’t need to worry about paints chipping off or the siding material cracking.
What to consider when choosing siding
- Durability. Installing new siding every few years is quite expensive, which is why you should consider the durability of the siding material of your choice. It’s crucial to select a siding material that is resistant to weather elements like rains, heat from the sun, and even wind. Toronto’s climate is semi-continental, meaning it has cold winters and semi-humid summers. This is why your siding should be weather-resilient to ensure durability.
- Design and color. There are so many choices of color for some materials like vinyl, while some like stone and bricks are color-specific. You can seek expert opinion on the color and design to go for, that would suit your neighborhood.
- Affordability. Do not go for cheap low-quality material s that wear out quickly or need very regular maintenance. At the same time, it’s important to get the estimates from your contractor in advance so that you work budget accordingly.
- Maintenance. When choosing siding, consider the strain and maintenance costs involved. Homeowners usually go for low maintenance siding, which saves personal time and money. For example, vinyl is trendy because it requires very little maintenance, which is basically cleaning using soap and water. Wood, stucco, and fiber-cement require repainting, while stone and brick eventually need repointing of mortar.
How to choose the best siding contractor
There are quite a number of siding contractors in Toronto or siding in Nanaimo, but some do not offer high-quality service. Use these tips to hire the best contractor:
Do your research
Ensure you do your homework in getting every useful detail about the contractor. Consider checking reviews and testimonials from previous customers. Be sure of their license, certifications, and other legal documents, and ensure your contractor has an established physical address.
Check the Insurance status
A good siding company must have a valid insurance cover. This will help you avoid being responsible for any liability costs in case of injuries incurred on your premise. If by any chance your property suffers damage in the course of the work, the insurance cover is a safe fall-back.
Ask for a written estimate
Ensure you get a written estimate, preferably after an on-site examination by the contractor. Ask for clarification if there would be need to pay for any extra costs.
Ensure you get both a workmanship warranty and a manufacturer’s warranty, to be sure that your contractor is confident about the task. Work with a qualified contractor because any work that is poorly done renders the manufacturer’s warranty and being void.
Don’t be duped by low prices
You should compare quotes and go for a contractor with affordable rates, but price alone should not inform your decision. Consider the reputation and other factors as well before you decide.
CHECK OUR FRIENDS:
+1 (855) 574-3464
Address: 427 Fitzwilliam St, Nanaimo, BC V9R 3A9